Cybersecurity - October 2023
IBM SkillsBuild is offering adult learners a free 10-week programme of digital training, project-based learning, and professional credentials, designed to help you gain the skills you need to secure an entry-level tech job in cybersecurity. Courses start on October 10th, 2023
Time & Location
Time is TBD
IBM Skillsbuild, Zoom
About the Workshop
This programme covers critical cybersecurity concepts including network security, endpoint protection, incident response, threat intelligence, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment, disaster recovery.
As you work through each module, you can build your knowledge and experience with useful tools, hands-on labs, libraries, and projects. Plus, you'll learn through real world cybersecurity case studies, so that by the end of the programme you will have the in-demand practical skills that employers are looking for.
You will learn skills In:
- Security principles
- CIA Triad
- Cyber Attack
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response
- Access control concept
- Network Security
- Security Operations
Learners will gain the knowledge for entry level IT and cybersecurity roles. You will be able to take their cybersecurity careers to the next level by understanding and being able to explain:
- Security Principle, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) and Incident Response Concepts
Access Controls Concepts, Network Security, Security Operations
- The CIA triad, IAAA, Risk Management, Organisational/IT/Cyber Security Governance
- Physical/logical access control, Disaster planning/recovery, Cryptography, Network Security, Malware
- Cybersecurity, Information, and IT Security
- Prepare for in-demand Cybersecurity entry level certifications such as Cybersecurity (CC), CSX-P, or ITCA.
Earn an IBM Digital Credential
Upon successful completion of the programme, each learner earns an IBM digital credential.
You do not need to have any previous coding experience. All tools and software used in this programme will be free, however, you will need access to a computer (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Registration closes 10 okt. 00:00